1. Consumption theme is led by three main societal evolutions
Consumption trends benefits from the evolution of:
- Demography (e.g . increasing ageing of the population, Millennials purchasing power
- Society: desire for a healthier life, a more sustainable consumption
- Digital: digitization of the economy.
We thus identified 4 main current consumption trends: digital tools, health / well being, leisure & premium
2. Dynamics are global but also specific to geographical areas
The consumption theme benefits from the evolution of behaviours.
These changes occur in both developed and developing countries but with some discrepancies. If the access to famous trademarks is to be noted in developing countries, customers are searching for new experiences and a new way of consumption in developed countries.
3. Companies capitalizing on consumption trends
Companies in the investment universe are linked to all forms of consumption. Most are also distributing their product & services directly to the customers.
The innovation and/or differentiation capacities through services help showing a growth superior to the global economic growth.
In the end, only the companies with the best responsible practices will be included in the investable universe.